Thursday, November 7, 2013

Anarkali for dress - Reinventing ethnics

Been a very busy week for me, had loads of work for my little son's school, I never knew of crafting,creating and creating so much for school during my childhood, but nowadays...Damn!!! It's like a never ending crafting work for parents,rather than the kids. Though it's fun,and i love crafting, sometimes, the things they ask for gets you worried for the availability of it......
   For example:-there is still one undone project- "Taking care of a newborn/sibling"
Now pray tell me, how do people with a single kid/having friends who don't have babies,or any neighbour with infants manage to click pictures of their kids taking care. I kinda feel frustrated and question the very topics, which have been imbibed for studies( Atleast an alternative would have sufficed...PHEW!!! )


Well , now back to my stuff, as for my workouts, it's been pretty steady except for my dwindling weight. BLAME it .... BLAME ITTTT on the Festival .... yup...how can one still diet during festive occasions, even eating in potions seem to put pounds...for my body...so that means....I gotta workout harder. So past 2 weeks around Diwali,has been a big bummer for me...regards to my weight loss journey. But I still manage to keep the range in and around 2 pounds.While my hubby gleefully gobbled a couple of sweets and stuff...and he managed to reduce ( waaah!!!!) and my son...hardly ever puts on weight.These two guys have a high MBR.....Do I even have one..i wonder...coz I am always cold to touch... {grimace}
       
There goes my ranting on workouts, but summarizing it all, I am just doing fine, and as the wise beings say....I never wanna give up, and I just keep pushing,just keep pushing {Finding NEMO - Dori Style ;-P}

For the outfit I used my Floor length tri colour Anarkali. Floor length ones have an added advantage of being worn as a Maxi Dress. And here I tried just the same. I used the string that's to be tied at the back of the neck, as a knot towards the front of my neck. How cool is that !!!! No accessories required for the neck.
I have done this in college days ...and I might upload it..as i find it.. And added 2 belts to give it a dress look just beneath the bust,a bracelet,an anklet and just a pink/purple toned lipstick and kajal...VOILA....it's simple yet , elegant.











































Dress- India
Sandal - Coco
Bracelet - gifted
Anklet - gifted
Black belt - Megamart
Grey belt - Splash

3 comments:

  1. I love the look - Wearing it as a maxi is so innovative!

    www.stylefile.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dayle, these words , coming from a dressy chic like you is awesome !!

      Delete
  2. Looking pretty as all define a good dressing sense because Indian is no doubt a land of vivid culture and traditional that also offers vivid dressing sense. As some of the unique dresses that I discovered through - Designer Anarkali Kurtis

    ReplyDelete