Friday, September 20, 2013

White Anarkali for Onam

It's been a week since Onam, and for the international readers who wonder what "Onam" is...it's a festival celebrated by God's Own Country- "Kerala"...rather it's a state in southern India. When many festivals are celebrated by either one or two of the zones of India, this is one festival solely celebrated by kerala, through whole of India. I am not getting into the significance of the festival , but for those who would like to know, check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onam

I wore a beautiful white Anarkali suit for the day. I always have a passion for Anarkalis..especialy when I was pregnant, nothing seemed to flatter my bump...like the Anarkalis. So I have a collection of them, till date. And this time I accumulated as many as I could on my visit back home.And best of all were the trinkets that you could get for a steal, and India being the colourful land of blings, you sure could lay your hands on many awesome pieces.This post i bring you my Outfit for the festival.



I just applied a light make with heavy khol eyes and purplish pink undertones to lips 




Anarkali - Pothys








Studded bangles - chennai , Pondy Bazaar
Lightweight jhumka - kerala 





Have a nice week end !!!


“The universe doesn’t give you what you ask for with your thoughts - it gives you what you demand with your actions.”


― Steve MaraboliLife, the Truth, and Being Free














6 comments:

  1. beautiful suit Rakhi..white is such a ethereal color. You look equally beautiful.

    Asta
    Cactus and Cucumber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lovet he anarkali..n u look fab. Thnks for ur kind words on my blog..it is comments like these that make me wanna blog more.

    Aditi
    So-Saree
    www.sosaree.blogspot.in
    New Post Up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Aditi :) , feelings mutual. We learn each step we take.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind words .... Your white anarkali is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete