Friday, December 6, 2013

Al Ain Zoo - A Road Trip - Part 1

This was the first road trip to Al Ain, I had heard about it so much, and had not been there since my 3 year tenure in UAE. Al Ain which is not an emirate is known thus for it's lush green landscape,and hence the name "Garden city". It's a beautiful place, I saw plants all along the roads up to Al Ain while travelling from Dubai.
Once there..it was exotic, mostly villas ( the regular brown ones), with lush greenery..WOW..it was just peaceful and nice.For once I felt it was something similar to places I had seen on-road to Bangalore.
The features that awaken you are:-

  • The neat and wide roads( which of course is abundant in UAE).
  • The plants along the high way.
  • The lights on trees...almost every alternate ones....nights are awesome with these illuminated trees around.
  • The cool weather ( right now it's awesome)
  • The rustic environment with serene nature
We started by 11 and reached there by noon. And for the first time I wore shorts outside(I've never worn shorts outside).........and DANG...what do you know...as I entered the Zoo premises, a Zoo security requested if I could cover up-til my knees because it's against the norms to wear shorts in Al Ain Zoo. And though I was pissed off,because my first attempt at shorts ,and for it to become a bummer, was putting off my "shorts" trial to a zilch, when the security kept apologizing a lot for asking me to do so.....coz one thing I have noticed after coming to UAE is that Filipino and shorts are inseparable. Any age , any temperature, they are out in shorts.and I understood, why she was being very apologetic, she was so sweet and sorry I didn't mind it(it seemed courteous). I was like awwww....I understand..now where do I go and get something to cover myself up. And she guided us to a gift shop that had some scarfs, I got one black scarf and wrapped it around...and tadaaaaa....I was all ready to go zoo walking.
And my hubby ,was like " Didn't I say so , when we started" and I was like "jajajajaja" (*Grunt* smartpants), and let's just get going with my scarf skirt,shall we !!!!
And so we embarked on our zoo trip...
And rest I will take you through with pictures, we had exhausted our camera memory with pics, so I have put the trip picture posts in parts, so that I can show you as many as I can.






























































(To be continued.............)



6 comments:

  1. the pictures bring back so many memories. every chance possible we'd drive down to alain :) jabal hafeet especially :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am glad my pictures could trigger this nostalgia for you. My next few parts, do include Jabal Hafeet. It was a small yet beautiful mountain and really chilly.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yup, sure is. If you happen to visit UAE, do visit Al Ain, I am sure, it will be a trip to cherish

      Delete
  3. You all look good. Amazing set up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Indrani, indeed the weather and places to visit are just right, at the moment.

      Delete